Sint Eustatius Historical Foundation Museum
This award-winning museum is located in the former country house of the planter Simon Doncker. It was originally a plantation house: one of the oldest on the island. The two-storey house is built entirely of yellow bricks, which were imported from the Netherlands. It is already on the oldest detailed map of the island, dating from 1740. On this map the house is called 'Doncker's Old Temple'.
The Golden Rock
The museum shows the history of the island from the time of the pre-Columbian inhabitants. The emphasis is on trading days such as 'The Golden Rock', the famous 'First Salute' and the days of slavery. The lavishly furnished period rooms illustrate the life of the wealthy planter merchants.
Location: Ada de Veer-Zuidweg, Oranjestad
Specialties: Museum shop